Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad using Limera1n
For iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad running on iOS 3.x and 4.x versions, Limera1n is still the best untethered jailbreak option available to the iDevice Users – owing to its ease of use even for newbie. You can instantly download the file from Limera1n site and execute the operation as instructed in the installation steps below. The Limera1n jailbreak can be used on devices running more specifically on iOS 4.1 and for iPhone 3GS/4, iPod Touch 3G/4G, iPad 1 and Apple TV 2G.
Limera1n jailbreak can be applied via Windows as well as Mac. Since, we haven’t seen any new versions from Limera1n officials, the current version can be used on the devices running on iOS 4.1. You can follow updates on latest release, so stay tuned if Limera1n jailbreak for iOS 5 comes up. Remember the accurate firmware versions are 4.0, 4.0.2 and 4.1, so If you have already upgraded your device, you won’t be able to jailbreak your device using Limera1n untethered jailbreak. Download Limera1n.exe file on your PC from the official site.
Installation Steps to Jailbreak iDevice using Limera1n
- Plug in iDevice via USB to your PC
- Synchronize it with iTunes.
- Star the Limera1n.exe file that you have already downloaded and click on ra1n button to set your device into recovery mode
- Hold Home+Power buttons in unison, and release just power button after a message appears on Limera1n window that will let your device in DFU settings
- Turn on the device and open Limera1n app to install cydia
Note: You can uninstall Limera1n app after cydia is installed on your iDevice