With the release of final version of iOS 5.0.1, redsnow Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 tethered by redsn0w is available to the users. The iOS 5.0.1 update may help iDevice users to resolve their battery problems as well as improvements in Siri functionality. iOS 5 update was badly required as iPad and iPhone users reported various problems, most common were battery drainage and Siri function issue. The latest Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 tethered by redsnow will surely help iDevice users to get added features on iPhone or iPad.
Before updating, keep in mind that this redsnow download of jailbreak is tethered jailbreak and the iDevice users will have to connect to their devices to the PC every time they reboot.
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 using redsnow.
Follow these steps as mentioned for redsn0w download.
- First of all download the latest version of iTunes for windows or mac.
- Back up your iDevice through iTunes (10.5). Just for precaution.
- Update the device to iOS5.0.1.
- Download the latest version of redsnow 0.9.9b8 for windows or mac.
- Run redsn0w. Select “Extras”, followed by “Select IPSW”, and point it to the iOS 5.0 firmware file, Select the appropriate firmware file tailored for your iDevice.
6. Hit “Jailbreak” and then select “Install Cydia”. Follow up steps through DFU mode, redsnow will apply the jailbreak.
7. Now boot tethered. Launch Redsn0w, select “Extras”, followed by “Just Boot”. You will need to perform this action every time your device is switched off or rebooted.
Note : SemiTether is an optional step for users that will allow them to reboot their device without need to connect to PC. But users will likely lose some functions like opening mail and jailbreak tweaks.
This free Jailbreak for iOS 5.01 by redsnow download will let you enjoy your iDevice even more.
No related posts.