With the arrival of iPhone 4S everyone is talking about it, and much discussed topic about the advance version “Siri for iPhone 4S“. But the earlier version of iPhone user can also install siri on their devices following the guidelines mentioned here.
Whether you are trying to install Siri on iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs or iPod touch that are running on iOS 5, watch the video shown below for clear understanding.
Before installing Siri on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3Gs make sure that you have downloaded these
- Jail broken iOS 5 device
- OpenSSH and iFile from Cydia
- SFTP client ( CyberDuck for Mac OS X and WinSCP for Windows)
- Extracted Siri files from iPhone 4S
Download files required for the Siri port to iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G. You will have to find these files yourself as we wont be able to share these files with you.
- Using a file explorer for your iOS device, copy over the AssistantServices.framework folder you downloaded in Step 2 to Root > System > Library > PrivateFrameworks after plugging in your device to your computer via USB.
- Transfer all files from the Springboard folder in Step 2 to Root > System > Library > CoreServices > Springboard.app on your iOS device.
- Using iFile (you can get it from Cydia), open the .plist file for your iOS device from System > Library > CoreServices > Springboard.app. It will be named N81AP for iPod touch 4G and N9x for iPhone 4 (where x may be 0, 1, 2).
- Add a new property list named assistant to the .plist file and set its class as Boolean while setting its value as YES.
- Add the following to the .plist file:
Respring your iOS device.
Follow the guidelines as shown in the video to avoid any complications.
Note: These guidelines are for educational purpose only. Be careful if you are going to use these instructions and content. We are not responsible for any damage that may occur with your iPhone.